- ½ cup Mung beans
- 2½ cups coconut milk
- ½ cup sticky rice, washed (malagkit)
- 6 to 7 tablespoons sugar
- Heat a pan and put-in the Mung beans.
- Toast the Mung beans until brown.
- Turn-off heat and let the mung beans cool down.
- Crack the toasted mung beans using a mortar and pestle (almires). Set aside.
- Heat a cooking pot and pour-in coconut milk. Let boil.
- Add the sticky rice and Mung beans then stir. Cook in low heat for 15 to 20 minutes while stirring once in a while, or until the coconut milk is almost absorbed.
- Add sugar then stir.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve! You may serve this either hot or cold. I like having this cold with some extra coconut milk on top.