We’re used to seeing (and eating) dumplings in such a way that it is steamed and dipped in soy sauce. But do you know that this can also be an alternative appetizer for your next party?
Try frying them and make this dumplings crispy! We’ve included yummy and special ingredients in this recipe to make sure you’d enjoy every bite! Check it out here:
Fried Pork & Shrimp Dumplings Recipe
- 45 pcs wonton wrappers
- 1 pc egg beaten
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 1/2 cup catsup for dipping sauce
For the Filling:
- 250 g lean ground pork
- 250 g medium shrimp peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup turnip chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 tbsp spring onions minced (optional)
- Combine the ground pork, shrimp, turnips, sesame oil, water, cornstarch, salt, and ginger in a bowl. Mix together until smooth and sticky.
- Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, scoop 1/2 tbsp of the mixture into the center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges of wonton wrapper with beaten egg, and bring 2 opposite corners to center, pinching points to seal.
- Bring remaining 2 corners to center, pinching points to seal. Pinch for edges together to seal.
- Repeat process until all dumplings are prepared.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, and deep-fry the dumplings until they turn golden brown.
- Serve dumplings with catsup. Enjoy!
Image: youtube.com (Morgane Recipes)