Fresh lumpia is definitely one of the options when it comes to choosing your vegetable dish for your event.
To come up with a delicious fresh lumpia, you must need the right combination of fillings and a winning sauce that goes with it. Check out and try this recipe:
Fresh Lumpia Recipe
For the Filling:
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 pc onion chopped
- 1 pc carrot peeled and cut into strips
- 250 g togue (mung sprouts)
- 1 head small cabbage shredded
- 250 g tokwa cooked and cut into cubes
- 200 g shrimps boiled and peeled
For the Wrapper:
- 1 1/2 eggs beaten
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 head garlic
- To make the lumpia filling, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a pan and saute the garlic and onion.
- Add-in the carrots, togue, cabbage, and tokwa then cook for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- To make the batter for the lumpia wrapper, combine eggs, water, all-purpose flour, salt, and oil in a bowl.
- Heat a small non-stick pan and ladle out 1/3 cup of the lumpia wrapper batter.
- Cook one side and then slide it out of the pan. Set aside and continue with the rest of the batter.
- To make the sauce, combine the sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer until the mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Measure about 2 tbsp of the vegetable filling per wrapper and top with shrimp.
- Roll, tie, and serve with the sauce. Enjoy!