These heavenly bars are a holiday season favorite in our country. Food for the gods are sweet, chewy dessert bars with dates and walnuts.
Have you tried making these at home? Give this recipe a try! It’s perfect as gifts or for selling!
Food For The Gods Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 cup dates chopped
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup butter about 2 sticks
- 1 cup granulated sugar white sifted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 pcs raw eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl then mix well.
- Cream the butter in a separate mixing bowl and add the sugar (white and brown) while continuously mixing until texture becomes fluffy.
- Beat-in the eggs on the mixing bowl with butter and sugar then continue mixing until everything is well distributed.
- Gradually add the flour-baking soda-baking powder-salt mixture while continuously mixing.
- Put-in the dates and walnuts then mix until well distributed.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease the baking pan and pour-in the batter.
- Bake for 10 minutes then pull down the temperature to 300 and continue baking for 35 minutes or until done (you may use the toothpick test).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down.
- Slice and wrap individually if desired.
Image: youtube.com (Yummy PH)