- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pouch rapid rise yeast
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup fresh milk (lukewarm)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine the yeast, sugar, and milk. Stir until the yeast and sugar are fully dissolved. You can also use water instead of milk.
- In the mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder then mix well.
- Add the egg, butter, cooking oil, and yeast-sugar-milk mixture in the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients then mix again until dough is formed. You can use your hands to effectively mix the ingredients.
- In a flat surface, knead the dough until the texture becomes fine.
- Mould the dough and put back in the mixing bowl, cover with damp cloth and let the dough rise for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After the dough has risen, transfer to a lightly floured flat working surface.
- Roll into a log then cut into four to six equal pieces.
- Take another portion of the dough, roll again into a log and cut into equal pieces, repeat this step until all the dough is done.
- Roll each piece of dough in breadcrumbs then arrange on a baking tray for at least an inch apart (so it won’t stick together when it rises later on).
- Leave the dough in the tray to rise again for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pre heat the oven at 375 F (190 C) for 10 minutes. If using a fan assisted oven, reduced the heat according to instructor’s manual.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned outside.
Image: youtube.com (SimplyBakings)