- 20 finger chilies (siling pansigang)
- 20 spring roll (lumpia) wrappers
- ½ kg ground beef
- 1 40 g- pack taco seasoning mix
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, for sautéing
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- cheddar cheese, cut into strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in pan and sauté onion and garlic.
- Add ground beef and taco seasoning.
- Season with beef with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for beef for 10 to 15 minutes then set aside.
- Wash the finger chilis.
- Cut them longitudinally (create a long slit from the cap of the chili to its tip).
- Remove the seeds and the white stuff from the inside of the chili. Don’t cut out the stalk.
- Stuff each piece of chili with the ground beef and a strip of cheese.
- Wrap your stuffed chilis with your lumpia wrappers as you would a wrap a spring roll or lumpiang shanghai.
- In a cooking pan, deep fry the chili rolls in medium heat. Fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until the wraps turn golden brown. Serve hot.