Crispy Beef Tadyang or beef ribs is one of my favorite dishes. In may have less meat but definitely more savory.
In this recipe, you’ll find out that you don’t have to look for this dish in restaurants as you can make them at home. Take note that it may take some time to prepare, but it’s definitely worth it!
Crispy Beef Tadyang Recipe
- 1 kg beef tadyang cut into 4-inch lengths
- 4 cups cooking oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 head garlic sliced and fried
- 1/2 cup sarsa (Mang Tomas)
For the Cooking Broth:
- 1 cup carrots sliced with skin
- 2 cups celery stalks and leaves cut into strips
- 1 cup white onions cut in half with skin
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorn
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 3 tbsp salt
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp beef broth
- In a pressure cooker, combine together the beef tadyang with the cooking broth ingredients. Cook for 1 hour until tender.
- Remove beef from the liquid and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep-frying pan.
- Dredge the beef in flour, then deep-fry until crisp, about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on size.
- Top with fried garlic and serve with Mang Tomas sarsa as dipping sauce.