Chicken Sopas is a Filipino version of the chicken soup wherein you combine chicken flakes, macaroni, milk, and other ingredients to come up with a delicious soupy snack.
It’s perfect for cold weathers or if you needed something to warm up the stomach. To come up with a delicious creamy soup, try out this recipe:
Creamy Chicken Sopas Recipe
- 1/2 kg chicken breast cubed
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1 1/2 cup macaroni
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sage leaves ground
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 pcs vienna sausage sliced
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, and add macaroni.
- Cook 2 minutes less than directed. Drain macaroni, and keep warm. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in another pot over medium heat, add butter and oil.
- Once butter is melted, add garlic, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until aromatic and beginning to brown.
- Season chicken with cinnamon, sage, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the pot, and sear all sides before adding the next batch of chicken.
- Pour in milk and chicken broth. Stir, bring to a boil, and then simmer just until chicken is cooked through.
- Add cooked macaroni and sausages. Season to taste.
- Cook until sausages are heated through. Ladle into bowls, and serve while still hot.
Image: youtube.com (Panlasang Pinoy)