- 1 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Oil for brushing pans
- Cheese, sliced into small pieces (optional)
- Wash rice and soak in water for at least 5 hours.
- Add-in the cooked rice.
- Pour the soaked rice in the blender and add some water (water used for soaking) until it reaches the level of the rice.
- Blend for about 1 & 1/2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the baking powder, water, and sugar.
- Mix until smooth. Strain mixture into another bowl.
- Brush muffin pans with oil then pour about 2 tbsp of mixture into each muffin well/mold.
- Place muffin pan in a steamer and steam over high heat for about 15 minutes (don’t open the steamer during the cooking process).
- Remove from muffing pans and top with a slice of cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!