Chicken Talunan is a yummy crossover of adobo and paksiw, try it also!
- 1 kilo chicken, cut into serving sizes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cane vinegar
- 1 garlic head, crushed and peeled
- 2 tbps ginger, peeled, crushed, and julienned
- 1 tspn peppercorn
- 4 pcs bay leaf (laurel)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- 1 tspn rock salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- a dash of MSG (vetsin)
- In a large saucepan, place all the ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Do not stir. Once it starts boiling, lower the heat. Let it simmer for about 30 minutes before stirring. Occasionally check if the liquid has dried up. Add more water if necessary.
- Usually, chicken fat accumulates as it cooks. Reduce the oil and add more seasoning, if needed.
- Serve with rice.