- 1 whole chicken (3 lbs)
- 3 pcs hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ½ cup sweet relish
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp condensed milk
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- ½ tsp pepper corns
- 1 tsp salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken meat in a single layer in a pot.
- Add the salt, bay leaves, garlic and pepper corns.
- Add enough cold water to cover chicken for about 1 inch.
- Bring the water to a boil over medium heat and then lower to a simmer.
- Cover and continue to simmer chicken for about 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain from liquid and allow to completely cool.
- Discard the bones and skin then shred the meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken meat, eggs, crushed pineapple, sweet relish, onions, celery, mayonnaise, and condensed milk.
- Stir well to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Spread in sandwiches. Enjoy!