- 1 lb chicken
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice)
- ¾ cup carrots, minced
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup light mayonnaise
- 4 cups water
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a pot with enough water to cover the chicken.
- Heat and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add 1 teaspoon of salt and then put- in the chicken.
- Boil the chicken for 25 minutes.
- Drain the water and let the chicken cool.
- Discard the bone from the meat and then shred the chicken meat using your clean hands. Set aside.
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and then set aside.
- Combine the mayonnaise, garlic powder, 3 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice, salt, and ground black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well and then taste (adjust the taste as necessary).
- Add- in the shredded chicken, carrots, macaroni, raisins, and pineapple tidbits in the mixing bowl.
- Toss thoroughly until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Add- in the cheese then gently toss again.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy!
Image: youtube.com (Living In The Moment)