- 1.36 kg chuck steak, sliced thinly
- 3 pcs large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 pc onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 240 ml water or beef broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add beef and cook until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes and cook, mashing with the back of a spoon, until softened and release juice.
- Add water or broth. Bring to a boil, skimming scrum that floats on top.
- Add chili peppers.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer for about 40 to 50 minutes or until beef is tender.
- Add potatoes and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until tender and sauce is reduced and thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.