Caramel Kamote Fries with Cinnamon
- 1 kilo big sized kamote
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 liter cooking oil
- Using a small knife remove skin of each sweet potato and cut into large strips.
- In a large wok at high flame, heat cooking oil. Deep fry in batches potato for 2 to 3 minutes or until color change to light brown.
- Remove from wok and place in a large bowl. Toss in brown sugar and the cinnamon until all the sweet potato sticks are evenly coated.
- Now return to the heated wok and continue to fry and stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes or until sugar has melted and have infused to the sweet potato sticks.
- Remove sweet potato from wok and drain excess oil. Let cool down and serve.