- 4 cups all- purpose flour, sifted
- 2 & ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 pc raw egg
- 2 & ½ cups water
- 2 cups sugar, sifted
- ⅛ tsp pandan essence
- small slices of cheese (for topping)
- 4 cups water (for steaming)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, and baking powder then mix well.
- Add- in the other ingredients: butter, evaporated milk, egg, water, and pandan essence (dissolved in the water) then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into individual molds.
- You may put the cheese on top of the mixture (if non- quick melt) or you may put the cheese on top after steaming.
- Prepare steamer by pouring in the water.
- Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the mold and arrange in a serving plate.
- Serve, share, and enjoy!
Note: In case you are using quick melt cheese, after step 6, remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with quick melt cheese then continue steaming (with the cover on) for 2 to 5 more minutes.