- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 chicken (2 lbs/1 kg), boiled and cutinto serving pieces
- 8 oz (250 g) pork, boiled for 15 minutes, then cubed
- 2 cups (400 g) uncooked rice, washed and drained (glutinous rice preferred)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups (750 ml) thin coconut milk
- 1 cup (125 g) fresh or frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 oz (125 g) fresh medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 small bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a pot or large saucepan and stir-fry the garlic until golden brown, then stir-fry the onion until translucent. Add the chicken and pork and stir-fry until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, bay leaf, salt, coconut milk, peas and ground turmeric, and stir the mixture to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until the meat and rice are almost cooked.
- Add the shrimp and simmer for another 5 minutes until they turn pink. Remove from the heat and serve garnished with the hard-boiled eggs and bell pepper.