- 2 cups shredded mature coconut
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 & ½ cups sugar
- 1 tbsp calamansi juice
- In a sauce pan, combine shredded coconut and sugar, then mix well.
- Cook mixture over moderate heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Add the evaporated milk little by little, while mixing thoroughly.
- Add the slightly beaten eggs, continue mixing over moderate heat.
- Flavor with calamansi juice.
- Remove from heat.
- Scoop teaspoonfuls of the cooked Bocarillo and transfer them on a wilted banana leaf or wax paper.
- This recipe yields about 50 pieces. Cool for a while before serving. Enjoy!