- ½ cup glutinous rice
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 to 5 pcs taro (gabi), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 to 5 pcs purple yam (ube), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (kamote), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 bananas (saba), peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup cooked sago
- 1 cup ripe jackfruit (langka), shredded
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- Combine coconut milk and water in a pot.
- Cook over medium heat and bring to a simmer (don’t boil because milk will curdle).
- Add glutinous rice and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the taro, purple yams, and sweet potatoes.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add the bananas, sago, and jackfruit.
- Add coconut cream and stir to combine.
- Add brown sugar and continue to cook and stir occasionally for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.