Binangkal is the doughnut equivalent in the southern regions of our country. It is fried bread balls covered with sesame seeds.
You don’t have to travel or wait for pasalubong to get a taste of this delicacy. This recipe will help achieve authentic and delicious Binangkal at home.
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 pc egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup sesame seeds
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, brown sugar, baking soda and baking powder and mix.
- In another bowl mix together evaporated milk, egg, cooking oil and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix well until it form into a dough.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and form into a ball with your wet hand (you need to wet your hand so it won’t stick and easy to form) then roll it in sesame seeds.
- Repeat process until you finish all the mixture.
- Deep fry sesame balls until golden brown. Drain in paper towel to remove excess oil.
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)