Biko is one of the most popular rice cakes in the country. It involves sticky glutinous rice or malagkit mixed with coconut milk and sugar.
Most occasions or big events serve some kind of rice cake and biko is always a safe choice. Learn to make this yourself at home!
- 3 cups glutinous rice malagkit
- 2 ½ cups Coconut milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 cups water for cooking glutinous rice
- Put glutinous rice in a pot and rinse. Drain.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Then lower the heat and let it simmer until the water is fully absorbed by the rice.
- In a pan over medium heat, dissolve brown sugar and coconut milk let it boil until thick.
- Add the steamed rice and mix until it thickens.
- Transfer to a serving dish/ container and allow to cool before serving.
Image: youtube.com (Sarapchannel)