- 1/2 kg ground beef
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 240 ml water
- 5 large Thai chili peppers, stemmed and chopped
- 120 ml calamansi juice
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Pour and heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking apart with the back of a spoon, until lightly browned.
- Add fish sauce and allow to cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes or until beef is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add calamansi juice and chili peppers, stirring to combine.
- Cover and continue to simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes or until meat is completely cooked and liquid is mostly dry. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!