Yema originated from a Spanish word which means egg yolk. And this sweet custard candy is practically egg yolks combined with milk and butter.
With these three readily available ingredients in your pantry, there is no reason you won’t be able to make these goodies today!
- 3 pcs egg yolks
- 1 can (300 ml) condensed milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a cooking pan, place the ingredients and mix together.
- Apply low heat and continue to cook until thick.
- Pour into a plate/ tray and allow to cool.
- Divide into sections and form into shapes like spheres or pyramids.
- Serve now or wrap in cellophane or wax paper for later.